2017 Electrical Engineering Intern - GA
Job Title:2017 Electrical Engineering Intern - GA
Be the driver of your career. At Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc., our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organizations. Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy Off Road®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves. From design to drive, Textron Specialized Vehicles has become an industry leader through our belief in having the right people in the right place at the right time. Are you ready to fuel your career?
Our goals with the Textron Specialized Vehicles (TSV) engineering Intern program is to effectively recruit highly qualified students by offering challenging and attractive work assignments, where students learn and work real projects on teams with other engineers and designers. We often rotate students through the various areas within Product Engineering, such as CAD Design, engineering of vehicle components and systems, test and development. We offer opportunities primarily in mechanical and electrical engineering fields.
* · Completion of CAD training and other training on TSV systems and processes.
* · Completion of assigned tasks to assist in the design and development of various mechanical or electrical systems, such as: vehicle frame, steering, suspension, axles, drivelines, seating, roll cages, body panels, lighting, electrical harness and electrical system design, circuit board design, microprocessor programming etc..
* · Work within defined project timelines to complete tasks according to project schedule.
* · Revise/review and create Functional Specifications.
* · Revise/review and create Engineering Design Standards
* · Develop design packaging layouts.
* · Creating test and analysis plans for product validation.
* · Perform tolerance studies on components and assemblies.
* · Development and release of engineering component, assembly drawings and vehicle bills of material.
* · Incorporate Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) on engineering drawings.
* · Resolve and document design issues found during testing.
* · Participate in cross functional design reviews and Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Assessments on Components & Assemblies.
* · Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on Components & Assemblies for stress, thermal etc.
* · Follow TSV product development process and methods for tracking project status and open issues.
* · Frequent contact with other functional areas within TSV and outside suppliers.
* · Full time student pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited 4-year program.
* · Grade point average of 2.75 minimum.
* · Participation in SAE Baja, Formula E or Hybrid is highly beneficial
Software Skills Desired:
* · CAD experience
* · Visual Basic or other programming languages
* · Engineering analysis software, such as Matlab
* · Microsoft office products
**Title:** *2017 Electrical Engineering Intern - GA*
**Requisition ID:** *246856*
Location:Augusta, GA, 30914, USA